Blackberry Melomel for Event

What is happening in the world of brewing? Competitions, festivals, seminars, tastings and club events. Personal experiences and victories.

Moderator: slothrob

malibu76

Blackberry Melomel for Event

Post by malibu76 »

Hey everyone,

I have a question for ya. :?:

I have a Blackberry Melomel that I made a about 1 1/2 years ago, and as meads and melomels go the longer they age the better. Anyway after a long sit in a nice cool place I bottled it in 7 ounce glass bottles. Its really nice, not to sweet , not to dry and naturally fizzy.

Here in North Alabama, I dont know of any Homebrew Clubs, nor of any brewing events close where I could ever enter my Melomel to see if it is actually any good as far as the critics go.

Is there any contest or events that a melomel can be entered into and that you dont have to be there to enter the contest. My friends like it, I just want to see if the pros like it.

thank you for your time,

Jimmy

Huntsville, Alabama
:?: :?:
Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Mead Critique...

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

You could attempt to find a certified judge in your area to sample your mead and let you know of it's merits. Go to www.bjcp.org and send them an e-mail requesting a judge list for your area. If you don't have any luck with that, you could either wait for a BJCP judging event (get the list from them) or you could send it to me :wink: , I'm certified!
Make your next beer (or spirit) a local one!!!!

Eric Watson
Head Distiller & Brewer

Seven Fathoms Rum
Georgetown, Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands