Know of any contests

What is happening in the world of brewing? Competitions, festivals, seminars, tastings and club events. Personal experiences and victories.

Moderator: slothrob

fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Know of any contests

Post by fitz »

Does anyone know of any homebrew contest running within the next few months?
I would really like to test a few of my wares, but even more important, I would like to veiw a contest. I live in WV so the closer to here the better (Pittsburgh PA or Morgantown WV is equally close). Any reasonable distance would be cool.
bigdosgood
Light Lager
Light Lager

Homebrew Contests

Post by bigdosgood »

Check out the club I belong to Fitz, we have talked before, maybe even join our club? Who knows, just check it out, we have a cool forum too. www.thekgb.org we have some links that might help you find something closer too. We have some members that have spent some time in your area, don't be afraid to talk to them, everybody is very helpful.

David
fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Thanks David

Post by fitz »

I think I checked the sight out before, and you guys seemed to have a good time with the craft.
I will check it out again.
I think you are located a good distance from me though.
With this homeland security thing, You almost get afraid to type in anything with the letters kgb even if you are talking about BEER.
bigdosgood
Light Lager
Light Lager

The KGB

Post by bigdosgood »

Dude, the KGB is gone since the collapse of the Soviet Union. Homeland Security would just laugh if they saw the site. Our homebrew club is the Kuykendahl Gran Brewers. Yes, we have a Russion theme, but that is it. We have some cool links to other brew clubs etc. Many of the competitions are national and anybody can enter. We have guys sending beer all over the place.
fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

That was a joke

Post by fitz »

Seriously man.
I have seen the sight, and it looks like you guys have fun. I know thekgb is not THE K G B
Just like the fbi is not the F B I
I will check it out again.
bigdosgood
Light Lager
Light Lager

I know

Post by bigdosgood »

Hey Fitz, check this out, maybe it will help?

West Virginia
Greater Huntington Homebrewers Association
1930 Englewood Rd.
Huntington, WV. 25701
Phone: 304/606-7314
E-Mail: szarek@marshall.edu
URL: www.wwd.net/uuser/bronosky/ghha/indexg.htm
bigdosgood
Light Lager
Light Lager

Sorry

Post by bigdosgood »

I just tried the link and it is no good, maybe the email addy is? I found that link here.
http://www.brewingtechniques.com/brewclub.html
Mirabeau
Light Lager
Light Lager

French Homebrew Contest

Post by Mirabeau »

"concours de brassage amateur de saint nicolas"
is THE french-francophone annual contest.

It happens near Nancy in February 2005. Subscriptions close in September/October...

http://www.passionbrasserie.com/
sudz

AHA & BJCP competitions

Post by sudz »

fitz, I'm also a KGB member, actually I'm a double agent, CIA(Cane Island Alers) member as well. Here's a link you might want to check out, they keep it updated fairly regularly.

http://www.bjcp.org/compsch.html

It's no big deal shipping the stuff , but PACK IT WELL, and lable it FRAGILE in BIG BOLD letters. The place I work for just shipped some parts and....do you remember the Samsonite commercial with the gorilla?.....I think that frickin gorilla works for UPS. We only shipped the parts 50 miles, I had to repair ALL of them. Good luck on your ventures, where ever they may be.
Cheers
Sudz