Deduct from Inventory Bug

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
bpylant
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Deduct from Inventory Bug

Post by bpylant »

So, in addition to not printing the shopping list unless you expand all the disclosure triangles, it appears that it doesn't deduct from your inventory unless you do the same.

IMO just get rid of the disclosure triangles and make this feature work as it did in BTP 1.5 -- they don't really serve a purpose, if you're deducting from inventory or going shopping, you would always (as far as I can tell) want to see, print and deduct ALL items in the recipe.
BTP 2.1.2 64-Bit
Database 11.1
macOS 12.2
MacBook Pro (14 Inch, 2021)
32GB RAM
bpylant
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Re: Deduct from Inventory Bug

Post by bpylant »

Any work on a new bugfix release?
BTP 2.1.2 64-Bit
Database 11.1
macOS 12.2
32GB RAM
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

I wasn’t able to duplicate the problem you mention about deducting inventory. I was able to deduct inventory even from ingredients in folders that are not expanded. Can you list the steps I can use to try to reproduce the problem you are experiencing in your installation?

Thanks
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
bpylant
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by bpylant »

OK, I'll post back next time I brew (which may not be for a little while, I don't brew as often in the hot summer months). I have upgraded to Mavericks, though, so my system is not the same as it was before when I first reported the bug.
BTP 2.1.2 64-Bit
Database 11.1
macOS 12.2
32GB RAM
bpylant
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by bpylant »

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this.

1. Open the shopping list window.
2. Use the + icon (which BTW isn't displaying correctly, I only see about 1/4 of the + symbol) to add the recipe(s) I'm about to go shopping for.
3. Click the print button.

When I first add the recipe the lower pane of the window has all the disclosure triangles closed, so it's only listing the ingredient types (Grains, Adjuncts, Hops, Yeast, Special). If I print from the window like this, the printout is blank. If I open one section, say Grains, then the list prints with only the grains showing. In order to print everything I have to open all the disclosure triangles first.

(And as I mentioned in the original post, I find the disclosure triangles to be useless anyway, to be honest. If I'm assembling a shopping list I can't think of any situation where I would not want to see -- and print -- everything. If it were up to me I wouldn't try to solve the bug with the triangles, I would just get rid of them entirely and display and print the entire list all the time. Perhaps with visible separators between sections, but not the disclosure triangles to show / hide sections. Just my 0.03...!)
BTP 2.1.2 64-Bit
Database 11.1
macOS 12.2
32GB RAM