Odd Problem

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
splashmike
Light Lager
Light Lager

Odd Problem

Post by splashmike »

After saving a template, I cannot see it listed in the directory it was saved to. However, if I type the name of the template into the windows search box, it will locate the template in the directory. How can I fix this? For example, I may save a mash profile called Summermash.btp. I don't see it listed in the directory, but when I type the first few letters in the search box, it populates. Thanks for any help.

Mike
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Odd Problem

Post by jeff »

If you are trying to open a template like you would a recipe this may be causing the problem. Templates are "opened" by applying them to recipes rather than opening them directly. If you want to make some changes to a template then apply its settings to a blank recipe and save those same settings to the template file again. Hopefully that helps.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
splashmike
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by splashmike »

I don't think its an issue of not applying the template to a recipe. I just confirmed that, in a recipe, if I try to load a template called "Summer", though it does not show up in the list of documents in my "Document" directory, I can type the word Summer into the search field and it will populate and I can then open it.

I next made a template called "Test" and again tried to locate it in the directory that opens when I click "load template" but I don't see it listed there. Nevertheless, when I type the word Test into the search field, it populates. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but from time to time I forget the exact names of the templates I've created so it would be nice to see them in a list rather than having to remember the name to type into the search field.

Thanks for any help (additional suggestions).

Mike
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

Do your template files have the .btp file extension?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
splashmike
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by splashmike »

Yes
splashmike
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by splashmike »

Jeff,

I recently upgraded to V2 but am still having problems locating (or seeing) saved templates. I'd like to get this straightened out but I'm not really sure what I am doing wrong. Thanks for helping.