recipe management

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
jawsfree
Light Lager
Light Lager

recipe management

Post by jawsfree »

OK I know this has probably been discussed but I searched and can't find anything.

My problem is this. In the Beer Tools Pro directory I have several sub folders in the recipe folder. They show up in the program and I can add recipes to them in the program but if I add recipes to the folders in my file manager they don't show up in the program. Is there a way to add recipes to these folder without using the program to manually open each recipe and then save it to the desired folder? I have a ton of recipes and am trying to organize them quickly :D

Thanks
Jason
AMD Phenom IIX4 830 Processor 2.80 GHz
6.00 GB RAM
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1
64-bit Operating System
jawsfree
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: recipe management

Post by jawsfree »

6.00 GB RAM
Service Pack 1
64-bit Operating System
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

The menu item Library>Scan for Recipes... should find recipes on your hard drive and pull them into the database.

If you put the recipe files into the folders manually, the menu item Library>Rebuild Library... should read the files in the folders and pull them into the database.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
jawsfree
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by jawsfree »

slothrob wrote:The menu item Library>Scan for Recipes... should find recipes on your hard drive and pull them into the database.

If you put the recipe files into the folders manually, the menu item Library>Rebuild Library... should read the files in the folders and pull them into the database.
Thank you Thank you!! this works great. Just build your file structure like you want it in windows explorer then Rebuild Library and it syncs everything perfectly. Thanks again. :D
6.00 GB RAM
Service Pack 1
64-bit Operating System
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

Glad to help!
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP