Transferring recipes

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
MrStrange Brew

Transferring recipes

Post by MrStrange Brew »

Hi,

First post on here. I want to transfer all my recipes onto my other mac computer and I cant seem to find a way to do it. Anyone know how?
Beer, I like it.
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

Hi, welcome to the forum! I'm not on a Mac, but what comes to my mind is transferring your recipe files from the old computer to a thumb drive or CD and then to the new machine. Since you're on a Mac is iCloud a possibility?
BTP 2.0.22 (Linux (.deb) 64 bit)
BTP 2.0.24 (Windows 10-20H2)
BTP 2.1.0.9 Beta (Windows 10-20H2)
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Transferring recipes

Post by jeff »

MrStrange Brew wrote:Hi,

First post on here. I want to transfer all my recipes onto my other mac computer and I cant seem to find a way to do it. Anyone know how?
It's all about the "library" folder. This folder is probably located in your documents folder and has the name "BeerTools Pro". Inside the library folder is the "BeerTools Pro Library.rsd" file and the "Recipes" folder. These must me kept together. Copying the whole library folder to the new computer and making sure it is selected in the preferences window should do the trick.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
MrStrange Brew

Post by MrStrange Brew »

Thank's very much guys all transferred :)
starsailor
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by starsailor »

FYI, if you put the library folder on a thumb drive and map it to the same drive on all your machine. Then simply moving the thumb drive from machine to machine makes for really easy transfering.