Unable to add bitterness or Infinite hop!

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
DEADPAN

Unable to add bitterness or Infinite hop!

Post by DEADPAN »

:?:
Okay so I have BTP, most recent update, and for some reason the style guide slider for bitterness does not move no matter the amount of hops I add. I'm designing an Old Ale and I am within all parameters but when I come to "bitterness" and add hops, the little green marker that's supposed to fall within the blue style line never moves; why?
Any help appreciated, I'm sure my ADHD is blinding me!
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Unable to add bitterness or Infinite hop!

Post by jeff »

DEADPAN wrote::?:
Okay so I have BTP, most recent update, and for some reason the style guide slider for bitterness does not move no matter the amount of hops I add. I'm designing an Old Ale and I am within all parameters but when I come to "bitterness" and add hops, the little green marker that's supposed to fall within the blue style line never moves; why?
Any help appreciated, I'm sure my ADHD is blinding me!
From where did you add the hop? The database or did you create the ingredient from scratch?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
DEADPAN

Post by DEADPAN »

Hey Jeff! I added it from the Ingredient DB, East Kent Goldings. I even manually added it to "My Ingredients" and still no change.[/img]
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

DEADPAN wrote:Hey Jeff! I added it from the Ingredient DB, East Kent Goldings. I even manually added it to "My Ingredients" and still no change.[/img]
How long is the boil duration?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
DEADPAN

Post by DEADPAN »

GOT IT! I knew it was my !@#$ ADHD! I swear to God!
I have 3oz (30m before end of boil) in the recipe but it won't change in "post-boil (Kettle)" only if set to "Boil (Kettle)". Why is that?
Oh, boil duration is 1.5 hr.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

DEADPAN wrote:GOT IT! I knew it was my !@#$ ADHD! I swear to God!
I have 3oz (30m before end of boil) in the recipe but it won't change in "post-boil (Kettle)" only if set to "Boil (Kettle)". Why is that?
Oh, boil duration is 1.5 hr.
Hop bitterness is only calculated for hops that are boiled. If they are added post-boil (steeped) then it is assumed that no bitterness is contributed. Hope this helps.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
DEADPAN

Post by DEADPAN »

Gotchya', Jeff as always you guys are always on top of helping out guys like me, BEER TOOLS RULEZ!
Thanks! :wink:
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

DEADPAN wrote:Gotchya', Jeff as always you guys are always on top of helping out guys like me, BEER TOOLS RULEZ!
Thanks! :wink:
Thanks, man!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff