BIAB No Sparge help

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
Jester

BIAB No Sparge help

Post by Jester »

I have had BeerTools for a while, but never really took advantage of the program. Now I am really trying to figured everything out instead of just using it to file recipes. I recently have started doing BIAB no sparge type of all grain and was wondering how you schedule that in Beer Tools. I have figured out how to schedule a "Mash In" and then a "Sac Rest" but would the next step really be a sparge, since I am not adding any liquid to the mash tun? I am confused and hope that I am relaying my question well enough to get some advice/help.

Thank you,
Jeremy
shuckit

Post by shuckit »

I'm curious about the same thing too.
slothrob

No Sparge

Post by slothrob »

The way I write the schedule for No Sparge beers is to have a Mash in and Rest (plus an Infusion step if I want to do a step mash) followed by a Batch Sparge step with the infusion Volume set to 0 gallons.

If you check the lock box and have sufficient volume added in the earlier steps, the Volume field will read zero. If it still suggests a positive volume, you can just increase your mash in or infusion volumes by that amount to cause that number to be calculated as 0.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP