BTP program will not let me register!

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

BTP program will not let me register!

Post by billvelek »

Hello Jeff, and all of my old friends here. I just started back to brewing after probably more than a year off due to some severe demands on my time and then getting out of the grove. Today I am in the process of brewing a pale ale and an oatmeal stout (partigyle with some additional two-row and specialty grains added after the first runnings for the pale ale -- done this before and it works well). But it has been a bit tricky hitting my volumes and I had a hell of a time hitting my temps -- forcing me to constantly drain some liquor, heat it on the stove, add it to the tun, and repeat the process ad nauseum to try to ramp the temp up to a proper level. And NO accurate figure to predict what my IBUs will be, although I did dig into some books so I could at least figure a rough estimate. Why did I have so much trouble? I can't use my BTP program! I went to the download page and obtained the latest version and installed it; naturally, when I attempted to open it, it asked me to register, which I then attempted to do -- several times. I also scrubbed my registry and rebooted my comp a few times before trying to open BTP, to no avail. Each time, the registration window pops up and allows me to enter my user name, email addy, and license key (obtained from my download page), but the 'Register' button never activates (darkens) and does nothing when I click on it. In frustration, I clicked on the 'Purchase Button' which leads me to the shopping cart where I have attempted to use the 'Try Now' button -- but the only trial versions are for MAC and Linux (I have Windows 7). Too late for this brew session, but since I'm back to brewing now I want to get this fixed. Please help. Thanks.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: BTP program will not let me register!

Post by jeff »

billvelek wrote:Hello Jeff, and all of my old friends here. I just started back to brewing after probably more than a year off due to some severe demands on my time and then getting out of the grove. Today I am in the process of brewing a pale ale and an oatmeal stout (partigyle with some additional two-row and specialty grains added after the first runnings for the pale ale -- done this before and it works well). But it has been a bit tricky hitting my volumes and I had a hell of a time hitting my temps -- forcing me to constantly drain some liquor, heat it on the stove, add it to the tun, and repeat the process ad nauseum to try to ramp the temp up to a proper level. And NO accurate figure to predict what my IBUs will be, although I did dig into some books so I could at least figure a rough estimate. Why did I have so much trouble? I can't use my BTP program! I went to the download page and obtained the latest version and installed it; naturally, when I attempted to open it, it asked me to register, which I then attempted to do -- several times. I also scrubbed my registry and rebooted my comp a few times before trying to open BTP, to no avail. Each time, the registration window pops up and allows me to enter my user name, email addy, and license key (obtained from my download page), but the 'Register' button never activates (darkens) and does nothing when I click on it. In frustration, I clicked on the 'Purchase Button' which leads me to the shopping cart where I have attempted to use the 'Try Now' button -- but the only trial versions are for MAC and Linux (I have Windows 7). Too late for this brew session, but since I'm back to brewing now I want to get this fixed. Please help. Thanks.

Bill Velek
Welcome back, Bill. Your license key is connected to your alltel.net email address. You should update your account with your new email address:
https://www.beertools.com/html/account.php

And then request a new license key:
http://www.beertools.com/requestkey

A new key will be sent immediately and get you up and running in a snap.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff