trouble with the beergun

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

cybergalvez

trouble with the beergun

Post by cybergalvez »

Hi all I am looking for advice on troubleshooting my new beergun. I used to bottle what was left in my KEG from my pumpkin ale.

Here is the issue I got tons of foam!, I hooked everything up like it said, and just got tons of foam in my bottles, infact in the beer line between bottles it the beer was actually retreating in the line! something that never happened in my picnic line. One done most of the bottles are only half full too!

Any help trouble shooting what I did wrong would be great, I have a batch ready to go in the keg and I want to actually bottle the entire batch.

Thanks in advance for the help
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Tips for beer gun

1) drop keg pressure to about 5psi
2) chill your bottles before filling. I also chill my beer gun too.
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
beardy man

Post by beardy man »

I've had similar problems with my beer gun. Chilling your bottle helps.

I think your problem in this instance is the pressure you're dispensing the kegged beer to the beer gun. If the serving pressure is lower in the beer line then it is in the keg, CO2 will come out of solution in the beer line so when it comes to getting in your bottle there is way too much foam. Try and increase the serving pressure. The problem this creates though is that the beer will enter your bottles at a pretty fast rate so you will still get a bit of foaming. It should be less then at lower pressures though. Good luck