First time brewer

Reactions to and impressions of commercial and home made beers and beverages. Travelling and experiencing beers from around the world.

Moderator: slothrob

SeaBass512

First time brewer

Post by SeaBass512 »

Hi everybody, new to the forum but have been looking around for a week or two now. Last month, I brewed my first batch, a Brewer's Best English brown ale. I followed the recipe exactly as stated (except I used liquid yeast, as recommended by the brew store owner,) and today I tried the first bottle...I'm very happy with the results! I will do a few more established recipes, then start experimenting on my own.
I've already learned alot from this forum, and to that, I say thanks to everybody.
slothrob

Welcome

Post by slothrob »

Welcome to the the forum and to brewing! My first batch was a Brewer's Best kit, too.
It's an amazing thing to discover that you have the power to make your own beer, isn't it?
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

Welcome! This is a great hobby that has a way of becoming an obsession for many of us. You'll know you've reached that level when you start looking at common household items and wonder how/if you can use them in your brewery.
BTP 2.0.22 (Linux (.deb) 64 bit)
BTP 2.0.24 (Windows 10-20H2)
BTP 2.1.0.9 Beta (Windows 10-20H2)
SeaBass512

Post by SeaBass512 »

Thanks for the warm welcomes! My wife loves to cook (how lucky am I?) and she'll be using ingredients and I think...I wonder how that would be in a beer?