response to "how long would keg be good?"

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

mattmike
Light Lager
Light Lager

response to "how long would keg be good?"

Post by mattmike »

well when all the coors light is gone or if I decide to dump, I want to refill and use for homebrew. i seen some videos on youtube regarding the disassembly of one. Any major differences related to kegging in a sanke compared to a corny?
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

I would imagine cleaning through suck a small orifice would be hard with equipment you have around the house. I'd stick to Corny Kegs.
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
mattmike
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by mattmike »

just fill with sanitizer and water for a few hours right. Then pump out with co2 the repeat with a rinse. I do see how filling would be an inconvenience without a bit of disassembly.
brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Really?

Post by brewmeisterintng »

I have kegged in corys and have had to do some serious cleaning. I don't think that homebrewers have the equipment necessary to clean sanke kegs. My advice/ two cents is to cut the top off and make a keggle out of it.
mattmike
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by mattmike »

the coors light is !@#$ tasty for the spew it is. Suprisingly. Been drinking it after work with the guys from work. Saving the good stuff for special occassions, at least until the wait for fermentation, which is brutal, on the homebrew.