"Haufbrau Helles" is just plain ole great beer

Reactions to and impressions of commercial and home made beers and beverages. Travelling and experiencing beers from around the world.

Moderator: slothrob

Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

"Haufbrau Helles" is just plain ole great beer

Post by Azorean Brewer »

If you are looking for a really good recipe (This is not my original, a friend of mine devised it, I simply transposed it from extract).

Sit down and plan on brewing a batch of "Haufbrau Helles", it's in the archives (all grain). Follow the hop schedule, it gets a little complex, but you bring out the best in all of the hop flavors.

You will not be sorry with this one. It is just plain ole good beer, light and "Quaffable". I have had this one bottled for 5 months (only a few left, sniff sniff) and it is better than a month after bottling.

Paul.
rcsoccer

!@#$ straight!

Post by rcsoccer »

I want to try to brew a Helles. Do you know of anywhere I can find a recipe? Or, do you have one that I can try? :)
slothrob

Re: !@#$ straight!

Post by slothrob »

rcsoccer wrote:I want to try to brew a Helles. Do you know of anywhere I can find a recipe? Or, do you have one that I can try? :)
I haven't made it, but this one should be good.

Have you made a lager before? Keeping the fermentation around 50°F or a bit below is important.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP