Final wit report

Reactions to and impressions of commercial and home made beers and beverages. Travelling and experiencing beers from around the world.

Moderator: slothrob

Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Final wit report

Post by Freon12 »

Thank god, this guy never shuts up!
It looks, smells. and feels like Blue Moon. But, Blue Moon smacks you in the face with orange and this wit just hints at it. I'm happy with the result, but I think hopheads will not be pleased with the spice level.

I'm going again with 1/3 more spice in the boil and see what happens.

See ya!
Freon the ancient.
O.K. Grav, answer Ed's question, I did.
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Making me thirsty

Post by Gravity Thrills »

The artist's hand often shows more with subtlty and nuance than with in-yo-face overt flavors. It sounds good to me! It will be interesting to see where the spices peek through in a week or so. How about the tartness?

And I wasn't avoiding the age question - it's just that I had fallen off my chair and I couldn't get up... We'll all be brewing (and cursing) up a storm at the Old Folks Home soon!

Cheers,
Jim
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Tartness

Post by Freon12 »

I wanted to address the tartness issue because the amount of acidulated malt was correct, but the tartness that comes with it was diminished and I don't know why. Perhaps the malt is not as fresh as it once was(6 mos. old). In the second attempt, I will add 2ml of lactic to have that tart background we are looking for.

I hope we are assigned the same home when we are older.

Steve- The taster of the first beer ever made.

And----Answer the question AZ. And you thought you got away.