A little help...

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

Bluesssman
Light Lager
Light Lager

A little help...

Post by Bluesssman »

I would like to ask for your help involving Home Brewer TV. Could you give me some suggestions and ideas of how I can improve the show.

I want this show to be fun and informative, something beer lovers and home brewer will find enjoyable.

Let me thank you in advance for your time. Your help is very important.

Gary
Benjamin1c
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Benjamin1c »

I thought the current show was neat, again. Instructional, if someone were just starting out.

I was wondering too, are you going to get into more of the technical kind of details as the show progresses, like different kinds of yeasts, fermentation temperture, different specialty grains and how to use them, length of time for fermentation in secondary, for example?

I look forward to getting a few tips from the show. On this current show, for example, I noticed you warn not to rinse after sanitizing. A good point... I supposed tap water isn't necessarily sanitary in itself, I read that elsewhere. I admit I WAS concerned that you recommend not to rinse using chlorine bleach... maybe thats ok, though, when using only a specific, small amount?

You used dry yeast, like I almost always do. I admit I never hydrate it first, or use a starter solution. Maybe you could talk about the pros and cons of using a starter, and possibly using aeration. I know thats been widely discussed elsewhere.