Bell's Two Hearted.... Ale?

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

Skunk

Bell's Two Hearted.... Ale?

Post by Skunk »

I was at Payless/Krogers yesterday to buy my $20 worth of food and $60 worth of beer for the week when I notice they had new labels up on all of the beers. I can tell that they are trying to sell their craft section to more conservative drinkers because they are starting to put up the style that the beer is with an SRM blended chart of color to represent the color of the beer. As I am walking through I expected to find beers that were miss labeled and I came to one of my favorite IPA's, Bell's Two Hearted Ale. The tag under it said " AMBER LAGER" I thought man they messed that up. Then my roomate grabbed a bottle and read the back, " Inda Pale ale style". There was a flash of a second, I mean a tiny little flicker of a second where my entire world got turned upside down. Now I feel like the doubting Thomas of the beer world and I have to ask. Is there any way in hell that this is a crazy red headed step child of an IPA that is really a lager? The fruity esters and the clean crisp taste. Is it from the top fermenting yeast and pale 2 row or is it a lager masked with a butt load of Centennial hops? Someone pimp slap me back to reality and tell me I'm retarded.
Brew or Die
candleman
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by candleman »

that beer did not impress me at all,and i would not be surprised if it was lagered.

doubt it,though