Conditioning period question.

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

Suthrncomfrt1884
Double IPA
Double IPA

Conditioning period question.

Post by Suthrncomfrt1884 »

I'm a newbie at brewing, so I've got a question.

I just finished fermenting my 3rd and 4th batches (double batch brewing day) and I've allowed them to condition for the 2 week time period to carbonate. Since i've got close to 100 beers and I don't plan on giving them away to very many people (they're too good), what's the best way to store them?

Should I continue to let them sit in my dark basement closet at around 60 degrees, or should I put them in a fridge until I want to drink them? Will either way help preserve them for longer periods of time? I only drink a few beers a week, so I'd like to get them in the fridge so I can free up room for more fermentors. I just don't want to harm the beer.
slothrob

preserving beer

Post by slothrob »

The beer will lat longest, once carbonated, in the fridge, but they'll last a long time in a cool dark basement.

I've had great tasting stouts after a year or two in the cellar. Hoppy beers won't last as long at their prime, though, and they'll begin losing something after a couple months and be kind of dull after a year.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP