The New Guy

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

TPA

The New Guy

Post by TPA »

Hey I'm new here but on my 4th batch of beer at the moment, the "King Regal IPA", before that was my "Sweet Irish Whore" a small misunderstanding led to the 2nd which was "Belgian Gold" . The first which was a Mr. Beer Abortion that all my American Light Lager buddies seemed to enjoy but I couldn't stomach it. I'm excited at the wealth of information I'm privy to at this point in the process. If you have any general advice and tips I'd be happy to read it. Happy brewing! :mrgreen:
"May those who love us love us, and those who do not, may God turn their hearts. But if he will not turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so that we may know them by their limping."- Traditional Irish Blessing
jimcraig
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by jimcraig »

I am new here as well. I am only a few batches solo in at the moment.

I did a Fullers ESB clone, and Newcastle clone that I tweaked pretty good. My newcastle clone tasted better than the original when asked by a couple of tasters, side by side.

both were mini mash. in the past I had brewed with others but didnt have much say.

looking forward to learning some here. Just put the money into a wort chiller and hope to put it to use this weekend.
hansolo
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by hansolo »

Welcome to the forum and the headache and reward of homebrewing. I love the forum because when I get frustrated or bored or looking for advice, it fills the void. Even if it is just opinions sometimes, it helps in the process. Welcome!
WWW.CAFEPRESS.COM/EHINNOVATIONS
T-shirts and more for homebrewers and people with a sense of humor
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Hey brewers,
I'm new to this forum though I have lurked for a few months. You have a great site hear so I thought I would join you.
I would like to thank you for your help in the past and for the future.
I would warn you, I know nothing about computers having one for only a few months so please forgive my ignorance

Matthew
hansolo
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by hansolo »

Matthew wrote:Hey brewers,
I'm new to this forum though I have lurked for a few months. You have a great site hear so I thought I would join you.
I would like to thank you for your help in the past and for the future.
I would warn you, I know nothing about computers having one for only a few months so please forgive my ignorance

Matthew
Computers are our friends. Not only will they remember your brewing procedures, recipes and give you a hand with calculations, but they connect you with all the other brewers of the world. Like a big support group. So, spend so time to get to know your PC. :mrgreen:
WWW.CAFEPRESS.COM/EHINNOVATIONS
T-shirts and more for homebrewers and people with a sense of humor