The Folks at More Beer

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

Indian
Light Lager
Light Lager

The Folks at More Beer

Post by Indian »

I have read and heard good things about the folks at More Beer (www.morebeer.com). I am considering the B3-1550 with a 24 gallon externally cooled fermenter. Any advise?
brewer13210
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by brewer13210 »

Indeed, Beer Beer and More Beer can be a good source of equipment, but that's a LOT of money for a brew system. If you know any welders (many will work for beer), it would be far cheaper to buy the stainless pots and fittings and have someone put it together locally.

Todd
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Three tier

Post by jeff »

I built my own because I found a great deal on ss turkey friers at a local wholesale club (Costco). Not sure if it will help but you can read about what I did here:

http://www.beertools.com/html/articles.php?view=112
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
brewer13210
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by brewer13210 »

Nice.

One of the guys in our local brew club is a stainless welder, so we can usually get all sorts of devices made up for not much more than the cost of the parts.

Todd
JPinAZ
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by JPinAZ »

Indian,
From your other posts, it looks like you might be looking at opening up a brewpub or small brewery. If so, you might want to check out www.probrewer.com & see what's available there. Of course, getting the equipment to Vietnam is another story.
brewer13210
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by brewer13210 »

If the goal is to produce commercial sized batches of beer, then on a $$/bbl scale, the morebeer system is way too expensive. There are plenty of 7-10bbl used brewpub systems on the market that can be had at very reasonable prices.

NABS is a good source, but shop around...
http://www.nabrewing.com/

Todd