Is there any difference between "GOLD" and the basic members

Discussion and topics about BeerTools.com online calculators and other tools.

Moderator: jeff

beaufort

Is there any difference between "GOLD" and the basic members

Post by beaufort »

I have been using beertools for awhile now. I love the basic freebie version. Does anyone have any comments about the upgraded version? I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth the $ or not. (or are all you freebies like me...lol)
Thanx,
Beaufort
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Go Gold

Post by Push Eject »

Quite a while ago I realized how cool BeerTools is and how useful it has become to my brewing.
When Jeff began offering the Gold membership I immediately paid for it; not so much for the added features (although I DO use all my recipe slots), but just out of gratitude for bringing such a great website to us brewers.
If you surf the other homebrew or recipe sites out there you know how cool BeerTools is; and the fact that it is still evolving, not some stagnant website with a database, is awesome and deserving of my support.
That's just my 2 cents.
Cheers!
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

yep, go gold

Post by dartedplus »

its only $15 for a whole year and I think it is worth it. There are some more tools that you get and some other things. (secret stuff...)
andytv
Double IPA
Double IPA

"Gold" Rules

Post by andytv »

I switched to gold some time ago and have not regretted it. Although I can't remember what features the "free" tools have, with the upgrade you can; 1) Load any recipe from the database into the recipe calculator and modify as desired. 2)Keep a stash of your personal recipes in your own little library 3) Scale, view characteristics, and so forth whilst building the recipes instead of having to reload the page 4) Maintain inventory control(I don't use, but it is a neat feature. my club uses a spreadsheet for Inv ctrl with financials tied in, would be glad to share it with whoever could use it). Final reason, for around a buck a month, you can show your support fot the finest homebrewing site on the web!

Andy