Beertools.com and BeerTools PRO..

Discussion and topics about BeerTools.com online calculators and other tools.

Moderator: jeff

wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Beertools.com and BeerTools PRO..

Post by wottaguy »

Hi everyone and Happy New Year to all!

I have just invested approx 2.5 hours creating a new recipe that I am going to brew real soon. I would like to be able to upload this and other recipes to the collection on Beertools.com but the current features of the website does not have the means to include equipment, mash schedules, water profiles and such, and the PRO application does not have a facility to allow a member to upload the recipe to the database. I know that the online version does not have all the features as the PRO application has, and that's probably the way it should be.
Are there any plans to create a sister website and a new edition of BeerTools.com that will include all the features of the application? I very much feel that all subscribing members that have paid for the application should be able to be pointed to a NEW secure members only site that will support all the features of the application and would make it a LOT easier for all that use the application to upload and share their recipies with all data attached to it. I have refrained to post any new recipies for this reason as it takes way too much time to duplicate my efforts. How soon can we expect to see this issue addressed and corrected? I love the BeerTools Pro application, but am finding the current site inadequate to support this app. I really would love to be able to easily share recipes with those who would want to do the same.
I hope that I have explained myself clearly and that a fix will soon follow.

Thanks!
Ron
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: Beertools.com and BeerTools PRO..

Post by lathe »

wottaguy wrote:...I am finding the current site inadequate to support this app. I really would love to be able to easily share recipes with those who would want to do the same.
Ron,

First of all Thank You. We take that as a compliment. We anticipate the difference between these tools to grow even more in the coming updates.

As for the feature that you describe, rest assured we have been working with the idea of such a capability from the inception of BTP. We believe that the relationship between the website and the application is one of the fundamental strengths of our application. So you can expect to see continued development in this area.

However, we are making strenuous efforts to make sure that BTP is rock solid before delivering new features. Trust me when I say we still have some very exciting ideas cooking in the lab for this brewing "eco-system". So we thank you and everyone for the support and please keep those ideas coming!
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

RE:REPLY

Post by wottaguy »

Lathe,
Thanks for your quick reply and reassurance regarding this post. Here's another question for you::
Would there be any plans at this point for a Pocket PC version of BeerTools Pro? I think that would be great! if at all possible that is....
just wondering...and have a GREAT New Year!
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common