No Carbonation...

What went wrong? Was this supposed to happen? Should I throw it out? What do I do now?

Moderator: slothrob

MrDanders
Light Lager
Light Lager

No Carbonation...

Post by MrDanders »

Well...I bottled a beauty of an ESB and am having squirrelly carbonation issues:

First, after a week resting at about 62
"Beer, beer, so amber and so clear. 'Tis not as sweet as woman's lips, but always more sincere..."
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by wottaguy »

I think I would wait at least 2 more weeks then try one again. You should see a big improvement. Keep the bottles around 70 degF too. I've had some ales do the same thing and actually had to wait around 6 weeks until they were actually done. Speaking of ESB...I think I have some somewhere...hummm...gotta go get it!
Good Luck!
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
MrDanders
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by MrDanders »

Thanks, Wottaguy. I will TRY to be patient...
(but the problem is that the stuff tasted so !@#$ good! It was a real hit of a recipe)

I'll give it a while.

Mr. D.
billd220
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by billd220 »

I too get very impatient. I would keep waiting though. I've had beer that was carbonated in just over a week,however, one that i made last summer didn't seem to carbonate even 2-3 weeks after bottling. I thought i must have done something wrong then several weeks later i tried it again just out of curiosity and it was perfectly carbonated.

As they say....Dont worry.
MrDanders
Light Lager
Light Lager

It Worked!

Post by MrDanders »

Just wanted to say thanks and let you know the ESB turned out GREAT! You wrote to me on the Hop VIne forum about leaving my ESB in the bottle a couple more weeks before testing again -- (there was no carbonation after the first week.)

Well -- I just opened her up after waiting 2 full weeks more -- per your suggestion -- and she is a beauty. Perfect carbonation -- A thick creamy head rises on the pour but subsides quickly to a simple, thin cap. There is just the right amount of carbonation in the brew itself for an ESB style.

And this particular batch is just terrifc in taste -- Best thing I ever brewed!

Thanks again!

Mr. D.
"Beer, beer, so amber and so clear. 'Tis not as sweet as woman's lips, but always more sincere..."