yeast for an apple beer

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

yeast for an apple beer

Postby spgriffin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:32 pm

I have made an Amber Ale with Cider before; twice now. Its basically 80% amber ale with some munich and 60. The other 20% is a fresh cider. I typically use American II for this, but growing old of that yeast for this beer. Next time, I want to use either a Belgian strain or maybe a cider yeast. Thoughts? Please tell me why you would choose a certain yeast as the flavor profile is what I am after. Tart, medium mouthfeel and if dry at all -only at the backend.
Keg 1: Rye stout
Keg 2: Irish honey red
spgriffin
Pale Ale
Pale Ale
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:49 am
Location: Chicago

Return to Ingredients, Kits & Recipes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests