rhyzomes

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

warthog
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

rhyzomes

Post by warthog »

planting season is much later where i live, and i just started looking for rhyzomes. my problem? most everywhere i've checked, they've sold out. any ideas? i'm looking for northern brewer, galina, and/or wilimette.

thanks
PC 2.6ghz cel, XPpro,2gbRAM, 1920x1200
slothrob

rhizomes

Post by slothrob »

No Galena, but Freshops seems to have the others.
Last edited by slothrob on Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
warthog
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

thanks

Post by warthog »

thanks rob,
no, they don't have galena, but they do have chinook (listed as a sub), which i have used before. i'm not sure how they will do in my obsidian clone. anyone have any thoughts on that?

thanks again, i'll need to figure out what i want for an order.
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: rhyzomes

Post by billvelek »

warthog wrote:planting season is much later where i live, and i just started looking for rhyzomes. my problem? most everywhere i've checked, they've sold out. any ideas? i'm looking for northern brewer, galina, and/or wilimette.

thanks
I don't know if this will help or not, but if you live in the U.S., my 'Grow-Hops' group has a list of over 20 sources of rhizomes, IIRC, but there are only a few for Canada and other countries, so it will depend upon where you live.

'Grow-Hops' now has 1,715 members -- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Grow-Hops

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
warthog
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by warthog »

thanks bill,
i live in the mountains of utah (where home brewing is still technically illegal - a bill passed the house this season, but was killed in the senate)

i'll check it out.

/n