Jay: Digital Thermometer?

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Jay: Digital Thermometer?

Post by Push Eject »

Jayhawk, where did you get your "digital instant read thermometer, accurate to within 1 degree"?

Cheers,
Ollie
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Bella Vita

Post by jayhawk »

My folks picked it up at "Bella Vita" kitchen store in Vancouver BC, Canada. It was $CDN 35. Their email is info@bellavita.ca. Maybe you can arrange a mail order. I have yet to test the thing, but it seems like a pretty good piece of equipment. Nothing to fancy, just a metal probe with a digital readout on the top. One cool thing is that is takes readings every second, so I won't have to wait 3 mins for the old dairy thermometer to register.

Chris
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Check out...

Post by dartedplus »

You should check out one of those kitchen stores. I got one of those digital "fork" thermometers that came with a probe on a 36" long wire for about $20 US. Works great, you just throw the probe into your kettle or mash tun and you're set. It also has an alert setting so you dont have to stand there and watch it, just put in the temp you want and an alarm sounds when it reaaches the set temp.

Ed
l48shark
Double IPA
Double IPA

Housewares Department

Post by l48shark »

I got mine at Wal*Mart for a couple of bucks. :D

Cheers,
Ford
lookiloo

cool ones on ebay

Post by lookiloo »

Theres a couple of cool cheap electronic thermometers on ebay. Search term 'electronic thermometer' will get you a selection.