Keggerator

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

3riverbrewer

Keggerator

Post by 3riverbrewer »

Hey guys, I just found this website and love it!

A question about a keggerator, I am thinking of increasing my home brewing production to 15 gallons at a time and kegging it. Obviously I would need a keggerator if I do do this and I would like to fit 2 kegs in the unit. Is there anything out there on the market that would be reasonably priced or would I be better served buying and converting a small chest freezer?

Thank you!
slothrob

kegerator

Post by slothrob »

This Sanyo 4912 is a great size for 2 kegs, but it's getting hard to come by. You can still get it from Sears, but it adds an extra $100+ or so in shipping. I've read that there is occasionally a Kenmore model available at Sears that will fit 2 kegs and doesn't have a freezer section. This one looks like a good possibility.

The two advantages of a fridge over a freezer are that you don't need a temperature controller and the compressors seem to last longer. But a freezer modified with a controller and maybe a collar will work fine and might end up cheaper.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

I got the 4912 from Frys for about $200. I also use a rather large chest freezer for lagering, storage.
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
jacklance

Re: Keggerator

Post by jacklance »

3riverbrewer wrote:Hey guys, I just found this website and love it!

A question about a keggerator, I am thinking of increasing my home brewing production to 15 gallons at a time and kegging it. Obviously I would need a keggerator if I do do this and I would like to fit 2 kegs in the unit. Is there anything out there on the market that would be reasonably priced or would I be better served buying and converting a small chest freezer?

Thank you!
I bought "True" and this machine is alot better than the Wal-mart or Best Buy junk.