carbonation question.

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

Suthrncomfrt1884
Double IPA
Double IPA

carbonation question.

Post by Suthrncomfrt1884 »

This is probably an easy question for someone, but seeing as I've never done it, I'm a little confused. I'm still somewhat new to kegging (about to keg my 5th batch) so I'm still learning.

I made a double IPA for a friends birthday party coming up in a few weeks. It will be ready to keg here in a few days, but I really don't have the room to spare in my refrigerator unless absolutely necessary.

Can I still carbonate my beer even though it's not at serving temp, or will it cause problems? I'm assuming it's no big deal since you carbonate bottles at room temp, but I wanted to be positive before I hook the CO2 up.

It will be sitting at room temp (might get up to higher 80's next week) until the 27th. I will be bringing it to his house early on the morning of his party to stick it in his fridge. Are there any issues that could come from this?
Primary - Belgian Dubbel, Belgian IPA
Secondary - Cherry Lambic
Bottled - Bourbon Barrel Coffee Porter, Double Chocolate Raspberry Stout, Imperial Nut Brown, Apfelwein, American Amber Ale w/Homegrown Hops, Breakfast Stout
Kegged - Bass Clone, ESB