Cheapest Source for Kegs

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

Shaun

Cheapest Source for Kegs

Post by Shaun »

I'm not sure this is where I should place this thread, I didn't see any classified area. I posted this on another HB site and it was received with mixed emotions. I think some people just thought it was too good to be true. At any rate...

If you are in the market for some ball lock cornie kegs and do not have a supplier near you I found a guy that has an endless supply that he sells dirt cheap. I am stationed in Hawaii & I could not find a single keg for less than $50. This guy sold me 4 kegs, 1 dual-gauge regulator and got everything shipped to my front door for $141. Broken down the price was $16.25 per keg, $30 for the regulator and $46 for shipping (PA to HI) If you live closer to PA you're shipping fees will be CONSIDERABLY less. Also, the more you buy the cheaper they are. If you only want 2 the price is around $17.50 apiece, but if you buy 8 kegs the price per keg is only $15!

He usually has lines, quick disconnects, faucets, and anything else you need for kegging, I know he sells 20lb Co2 tanks with current inspection dates for $60. He is starting a custom lettering package for the kegs soon too. I guess he'll either do it before he ships, or send the materials to take care of it with the kegs.

If you are interested, his name is Kerry and you can e-mail him at:

joker0530@comcast.net

Make sure you type "Kegs" in the subject line so he knows it's not spam. After you make contact with him, he'll gladly give you his phone number and will send pictures if you like. The guy is super easy to deal with and he guarantees his kegs. They are used, but he sends spare gaskets and kay-5 sanitizer with each.

I don't get any kick back or anything, I just wanted to pass on the information.

-shaun
Dishonorable men like running water,
Follow the path of least resistance...
Shaun

nice 1st post huh...

Post by Shaun »

Just realized that was my first post here on BT...

sorry
yaturaz
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

wow

Post by yaturaz »

Those are some great prices. He should make a website and make it easier for all of us :D The tank for 60 sounds pretty darn good to me also. I will be mailing him. What is the condition on the kegs that you received? Do they all seal properly and are they beat up real bad?
Shaun

very good shape

Post by Shaun »

Keep in mind, this is the first 4 kegs I've owned, so I'm not neccessarily the resident expert. I will tell you though, that they all had plenty of pressure in them when they arrived and none of them have any dents or scratches that I could see. There are some stickers and some marks that I'm 99% positive will come right off with some elbow grease. The regulator I received looks almost new. It was a bit dusty but no dings, scratches, or anything else that I noticed.

You will not be disappointed with Kerry. He spent a considerable amount of time explaining quite a bit for me. Far more than what should be expected from a guy who does this on the side. He is a home brewer himself and it really shows. He only charges $7 over what the actual shipping fees are and since he ships parcel post, it's very cheap. When you do make your order, you'll get a tracking number and the package should arrive within 2-9 days. I ordered mine about a week before Christmas and they showed up the first week in Jan. Thats super fast shipping to Hawaii, let alone over the holidays so I imagine CONUS deliveries would be well within the advertised window.

I would love to get that 20lb tank too, I'm just afraid I wont be able to ship it back with my household goods when I PCS back to the mainland. I guess I could mail it... I'm not sure what normal prices are, but the cheapest used tank I could find here on the island was about $140, so it would be worth it either way.

When you contact Kerry, tell him the "Marine in Hawaii" told you about him. I told him I would be singing his praises... Let me know how it all works out.
-shaun