burner input needed

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

bredmakr
Double IPA
Double IPA

burner input needed

Post by bredmakr »

I'm moving my brewing from the kitchen stove to a burner outside. Anyone have any suggestions on what type of burner is the best all purpose? Anyone use the turkey boiler kits with success?
billbrewer

burner input

Post by billbrewer »

I use a "turkey cooker burner" by itself. Really puts out the BTUs! Don't use the aluminum pot that generally comes with turkey cookers though - get a stainless or ceramic coated stainless pot.
Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Natural Gas Is Best ... If you have it available.

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

If you have natural gas available at your house, it is best to use it due to it's significantly lower cost over LPG, higher BTU content, higher pressure and cleaner burning results in less fowling of kettle bottoms. FINALLY, natural gas burner rings are available for home brew useage. They are made of 1/2" cast iron piping aranged in a circle with a cross member in the center. The ones I have have 21 brass jets and produce 200,000 BTU. They are easily controlled by brass ball valves for flame adjustment. Each burner weighs about 15# and costs $60. The saving over LPG and convenience of not having to get cylinders all the time will very quickly provide a payback of any tapping you have to do on your existing line. I got mine from the website of Beer, Beer & More Beer. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!!

Cheers... Eric.

"Ask not what your country can brew for you, ask what you can brew for your country !!!"