kegs - where do you get em?

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

joemez
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

kegs - where do you get em?

Post by joemez »

I have stepped up the brewing and I am in need of 5 more cornys. Ive seen pricing around $25. Is there anywhere I might get a better deal?
BarleyMan
Light Lager
Light Lager

5 gallon cornies $9.99

Post by BarleyMan »

www.betbev.com is selling off their cornies for $9.99 each. The downside is that shipping is about $12.50 per keg, but that still gets you under the $25 you mentioned. I couldn't find anywhere local that had kegs to sell, and this option worked for me. If you have connections in California near the facility, you can simply go to the warehouse and pick them up sans shipping. I'm trying to make that happen so I don't have to pay so much for the next order. Good luck.
bigdosgood
Light Lager
Light Lager

Check this out

Post by bigdosgood »

Ordering in pairs is the cheapest. I just got for for $67 shipped UPS from them to Houston Texas.
http://www.homebrewing.org/item2.htmSpecial Offer!
USD13.00
Suggested Retail Price:
USD29.99
Our Regular Price:
USD25.99
BarleyMan
Light Lager
Light Lager

what state?

Post by BarleyMan »

What state do you live in? I ask because that'll factor into shipping charges. Thanks
bigdosgood
Light Lager
Light Lager

TEXAS

Post by bigdosgood »

I'm in Houston, Texas, just remember, order in pairs, shipping is less, also, compare the shipping for 2 and for 4

David
joemez
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

CT

Post by joemez »

I live in CT. I ordered 7 from betbev like you suggested. seemed to be about the best price. No one has them on the east coast any cheaper that I could find
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

I'm in SC, and ordered 2 from "Adventures in homebrewing"

Post by Azorean Brewer »

I just ordered 2 of them, that
fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

As stated before

Post by fitz »

I remember a post not long ago that Jayhawk was connceted in about the Corney purchase arena. He suggested looking into getting them from a food service place and was scolded here for the "The deposit is much cheaper than the cost of a keg" The deposit is $10 and the pricing on used kegs are somewhere in this area. also, if you have ever been connected with food service, you should know many of these kegs sit around for almost a year before the delivery guy hauls them back to the dist. plant. Many times the kegs are so disgusting that the plant sends them out for scrap or resale. Many dist. plants are now going to soda in a box/bag. they are phasing out the cornies for the "disposable" box/bag. I know of one bar whose coke dispenser has been broken for almost 7 months and the delivery guy hasn't been back to remove the old kegs, becuase there hasn't been any new ones ordered. Now, he passes the establishment every other day, but he doesn't haul the old kegs away. So, my conclusion is that if Coke and Pepsi doesn't want them, and I can use them, I will. Make sure to clean these WELL.
grog bog

Post by grog bog »

hey mate

I live in australia and this might sound silly but i put a want add in the local paper for beer bottles when i couldnt find any anywhere and got offered 1500 bottle with 3 hours.
and i live in a town of 20000 people !!

I have put another similar add in the paper this weekend as i am now after kegs and they are also dificult to get here.

add reads: Wanted, empty stainless steel beer kegs. phone...........

the kind of people that read want adds usually have lots of !@#$ sitting around their house so you can get lucky sometimes.

give it a try