Aluminum Brewing kettle?

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

Justin
Light Lager
Light Lager

Aluminum Brewing kettle?

Post by Justin »

I live in Nova Scotia Canada and an affordable stainless pot is hard to come by (one that is large enough) I can, however, buy a 34L aluminum stock pot for just $60CDN $45USD. Can I use aluminum for mashing, boiling...ect? Is stainless a must? Tell me it is not.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Here, try this link:

Post by jeff »

That discussion came up recently in this forum. Here is the link:

http://www.beertools.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=315

Hope it helps :)
Last edited by jeff on Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justin
Light Lager
Light Lager

Thanks I'm going for aluminum!

Post by Justin »

thanks
canman
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

where you at Justin??

Post by canman »

Hey Justin...I'm in NS as well, down in the Valley. I use aluminum and love it, easy to clean and light....and cheap. I think I'm the only all grainer in the valley.
you can check out my site if you want
www.bellybuster.noadweb.com
Justin
Light Lager
Light Lager

Hi. from the valley but not "Down the valley"?

Post by Justin »

First what is the difference from "Down the valley" and "Up the velley"?

I'm from Hantsport but live and work and brew in windsor now. I noticed on your web sight that you grow your own hops thats somthing I would like to get into, wondering if you could give me a few pointers?
I think you're right you probably are the only "grainer" in the valley all grain is somthing I'm just getting into only 4-5 batches so far and only 3gal.
canman
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

you're up

Post by canman »

I'm in Greenwood and started my hops last year. The plants grew well but not much crop (1st year)
If you want hops rhizomes there is only one place I know of in Canada. Can't get them from the States anymore, noone will ship them across.
Send me an email through my site and I'll send you the info. The place is Crannog Ales in BC