Brewing in Florida

Brewing processes and methods. How to brew using extract, partial or all-grain. Tips and tricks.

Moderator: slothrob

keeblerman1214

Brewing in Florida

Post by keeblerman1214 »

I am going to start brewing soon in Florida, is the high temps (AC set around 73) going to be too high to brew? What should I do? Thanks
cyto
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by cyto »

I brew all summer with my ac at 74, in southern middle Tennessee. I fill the tub in my guest bathroom with water and put the carboy in it. Then wrap a towel around the carboy and pour water on it a couple of times a day. I also freeze 3 liter coke bottles full of water and put one in the tub each day if needed.

I keep a thermometer stuffed between the towel and the glass carboy with the dial sticking out so I can monitor the temp.

My fermentaion temps run from 65-70 doing this.
Legman
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by Legman »

Put a thermometer in the space that you are going to be fermenting at and see what that temp is first. Just because you have the AC set at 73, doesn't mean that its going to be that in that space.

I have a small extra room in my house that I use for storage and fermenting. With my AC set on 73-70, that room can get down to 62-64 with the door closed. So I have to watch it and open or close the vent to regulate the temp.