Efficiency Scaling / Lock Bug

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
bpylant
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Efficiency Scaling / Lock Bug

Post by bpylant »

I have a recipe that I want to reformulate to a lower OG, let's say from 12ºP to 10ºP

I switch to the Efficiency tab, make sure the lock button is off, then dial down the efficiency until the gravity hits 10ºP.

I turn on the lock button and then start clicking the up button to go back to my known system efficiency -- this should scale the recipe but leave the gravity as-is. Instead, at the first click the gravity jumps right back to 12ºP.

There might be a better / easier way to scale recipes in this manner, but this still seems like a bug to me. Yes?
BTP 2.1.2 64-Bit
Database 11.1
macOS 12.2
MacBook Pro (14 Inch, 2021)
32GB RAM
slothrob

Re: Efficiency Scaling / Lock Bug

Post by slothrob »

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug or a feature, but the Scale button tries to maintain the gravity target that you had when you last saved the recipe. If you reduce the efficiency to drop the OG, then save the recipe, you can select the Scale button and return the efficiency to your expected value and I believe that you will accomplish what you want.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
bpylant
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by bpylant »

If it's a feature it's a weird (and very unintuitive) one IMO; if I'm in the middle of editing a recipe why should I have to save just to be able to scale?

To me it seems that the scaling isn't actually scaling unless I use this saving workaround, to me that's a bug. I can't think of a time where I would want it to behave like this, but maybe I'm missing the point?
BTP 2.1.2 64-Bit
Database 11.1
macOS 12.2
MacBook Pro (14 Inch, 2021)
32GB RAM
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

Fixed in version 2.0.12.
Jeff