Saving error with new update!

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
Norwegian-brewer

Saving error with new update!

Post by Norwegian-brewer »

excuse my English.

I recently downloaded the update (1.5.19). after this I cant save my recipes. If I do save it, quit the program and open the recipe again, then all the values and calculations of OG, FG, IBU, and other show zero (0). And if I dubble-click on one of the ingredients, a lot of the pre-programed values in the "grain editor" are gone (eksample: Original Grav. (ib/gal) show 0). If I try to change it back, it don`t work.
All the recipes that has not been saved with the update work fine, until i save them with the new update.

I hope you understand me well enough to help me. All help is much appreciated.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Saving error with new update!

Post by jeff »

Norwegian-brewer wrote:excuse my English.

I recently downloaded the update (1.5.19). after this I cant save my recipes. If I do save it, quit the program and open the recipe again, then all the values and calculations of OG, FG, IBU, and other show zero (0). And if I dubble-click on one of the ingredients, a lot of the pre-programed values in the "grain editor" are gone (eksample: Original Grav. (ib/gal) show 0). If I try to change it back, it don`t work.
All the recipes that has not been saved with the update work fine, until i save them with the new update.

I hope you understand me well enough to help me. All help is much appreciated.
A new update (1.5.20) has been uploaded that will hopefully solve your problem. Please let me know.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Norwegian-brewer

Post by Norwegian-brewer »

That did the trick. Thank you so much Jeff! And thanks for this great program!
raouliii

Also having a recipe save issue

Post by raouliii »

I'm also having a saving recipe problem. I'm running 1.5.20. If I open an existing recipe, modify it and "save as" a new name, it responds that another recipe with that name already exists in this folder. Please change the recipe name. However, it will not accept a new name, ever.

Thanks
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Also having a recipe save issue

Post by jeff »

raouliii wrote:I'm also having a saving recipe problem. I'm running 1.5.20. If I open an existing recipe, modify it and "save as" a new name, it responds that another recipe with that name already exists in this folder. Please change the recipe name. However, it will not accept a new name, ever.

Thanks
Have you tried rebuilding the library?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
raouliii

Post by raouliii »

jeff wrote:
raouliii wrote:I'm also having a saving recipe problem. I'm running 1.5.20. If I open an existing recipe, modify it and "save as" a new name, it responds that another recipe with that name already exists in this folder. Please change the recipe name. However, it will not accept a new name, ever.

Thanks
Have you tried rebuilding the library?

Yes, I have.

I am attempting to Save As filename where filename does not yet exist but the response is as above. The ONLY filename that will be accepted is the original.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

raouliii wrote:I am attempting to Save As filename where filename does not yet exist but the response is as above. The ONLY filename that will be accepted is the original.
Are you using the save a copy button or the Save As menu item?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
raouliii

Post by raouliii »

jeff wrote:
raouliii wrote:I am attempting to Save As filename where filename does not yet exist but the response is as above. The ONLY filename that will be accepted is the original.
The "save a copy" button is grayed out. I am using the File, Save As... option.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

raouliii wrote:
jeff wrote:
If you are trying to File->Save As the file to one of the recipe folders maintained by BTP the actual name of the recipe as entered in the name field must be unique to each folder. Can you File->Save As if you change the name of the recipe (i.e. My Recipe changed to My Recipe II)?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
raouliii

Post by raouliii »

jeff wrote:
raouliii wrote:
jeff wrote: Are you using the save a copy button or the Save As menu item?
If you are trying to File->Save As the file to one of the recipe folders maintained by BTP the actual name of the recipe as entered in the name field must be unique to each folder. Can you File->Save As if you change the name of the recipe (i.e. My Recipe changed to My Recipe II)?
No, that is the issue. I cannot File, Save As with ANY OTHER name than the original name.

I File-> Open an existing recipe. I then File->Save As with a new filename (not currently existing). An information window pops up with a title of the original filename. The pop-up states "Another recipe with that name already exists in that folder. Please change the recipe name." The ONLY filename that it will accept is the orginal one.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

raouliii wrote:No, that is the issue. I cannot File, Save As with ANY OTHER name than the original name.

I File-> Open an existing recipe. I then File->Save As with a new filename (not currently existing). An information window pops up with a title of the original filename. The pop-up states "Another recipe with that name already exists in that folder. Please change the recipe name." The ONLY filename that it will accept is the orginal one.
The message that pops up is not referring to the filename, it is referring to the "recipe name" as you quoted above. Is it possible that you are confusing the two? BeerTools Pro is telling you that another recipe named the same thing is in that folder, and it wants you to change the name of the new recipe because it will be using that name when it lists the recipes.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
raouliii

Post by raouliii »

jeff wrote:
raouliii wrote:No, that is the issue. I cannot File, Save As with ANY OTHER name than the original name.

The message that pops up is not referring to the filename, it is referring to the "recipe name" as you quoted above. Is it possible that you are confusing the two? BeerTools Pro is telling you that another recipe named the same thing is in that folder, and it wants you to change the name of the new recipe because it will be using that name when it lists the recipes.
Yes. :)
I was attempting to change the filename in the Save As window, not realizing that the Save As filename is automatically filled in with the recipe name field in the recipe. Anything typed into the filename section of the Save As window is actually ignored and the Save As filename always becomes the recipe name field.

Thanks for your patience. :oops:
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

raouliii wrote:
jeff wrote: The message that pops up is not referring to the filename, it is referring to the "recipe name" as you quoted above. Is it possible that you are confusing the two? BeerTools Pro is telling you that another recipe named the same thing is in that folder, and it wants you to change the name of the new recipe because it will be using that name when it lists the recipes.
Yes. :)
I was attempting to change the filename in the Save As window, not realizing that the Save As filename is automatically filled in with the recipe name field in the recipe. Anything typed into the filename section of the Save As window is actually ignored and the Save As filename always becomes the recipe name field.

Thanks for your patience. :oops:
Not a problem. Actually, an easier way to save a copy of your recipe is to right-click the recipe in the list and choose "Duplicate". Or, select the folder on the left where you want to save a copy and click the "save as copy" button in the toolbar. If you want the copy to be in the same folder as the original don't forget to change the name before trying to save the copy.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff