IBUs Keep Changing In Recipe

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
dalew

IBUs Keep Changing In Recipe

Post by dalew »

So I have an American Brown recipe I've brewed a few times, and since it's based off the recipe from Brewing Classic Styles I'm using the Rager (Simulated) hop utilization curve. The bitterness is calculated at 35 IBUs. But if I open the recipe, add notes and save, jump to another recipe and then back to the Brown recipe the IBUs jump to 43. I go back under Recipe>Utilization and it still says Rager. I click Use and the IBUs drop back down to 35. If I change the utilization to any of the other curves, none of them ever hit 43.

I have to do this every single time I switch recipes and then go back to the Brown. Not a big deal, but slightly annoying and a potential bug I thought you might like to be aware of. Otherwise, I really love BeerTools Pro.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: IBUs Keep Changing In Recipe

Post by jeff »

dalew wrote:So I have an American Brown recipe I've brewed a few times, and since it's based off the recipe from Brewing Classic Styles I'm using the Rager (Simulated) hop utilization curve. The bitterness is calculated at 35 IBUs. But if I open the recipe, add notes and save, jump to another recipe and then back to the Brown recipe the IBUs jump to 43. I go back under Recipe>Utilization and it still says Rager. I click Use and the IBUs drop back down to 35. If I change the utilization to any of the other curves, none of them ever hit 43.

I have to do this every single time I switch recipes and then go back to the Brown. Not a big deal, but slightly annoying and a potential bug I thought you might like to be aware of. Otherwise, I really love BeerTools Pro.
Thanks for reporting the problem. I found the cause and the fix will be included in the next update.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff