BeerTools won't close

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
JoshMarquart
Light Lager
Light Lager

BeerTools won't close

Post by JoshMarquart »

First, the specifics:
Using BeerTools Pro 1.5.12
On a Mac OS X 10.6.4
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Due
4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

BTP seems to work fine while I'm looking at my recipes and creating new ones. However, when I go to quit, nothing happens. Only way to close it is to force quit.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Josh
iMac - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
OS X 10.5.2
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: BeerTools won't close

Post by jeff »

JoshMarquart wrote:First, the specifics:
Using BeerTools Pro 1.5.12
On a Mac OS X 10.6.4
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Due
4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

BTP seems to work fine while I'm looking at my recipes and creating new ones. However, when I go to quit, nothing happens. Only way to close it is to force quit.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Josh
Hmm. I don't know what would cause it to hang like that. I'm using 10.6.4 on a 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 iMac with 12 GB RAM with no issues. Does it happen if you are not connected to the internet?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
EricT

Post by EricT »

I'm having this same issue, additionally it wont open from the dock. After I force Quit I can re-open from the Finder/BTP folder. Is there a fix for this?
slothrob

Can't quit BTP

Post by slothrob »

This was happening to me for a few days, months ago. It seemed to be cured by a restart.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
EricT

Post by EricT »

I restarted but it is still an issue. I have decided to just keep it open in a workspace, it doesn't fix the issue but its better than force quitting and re-opening all the time.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

EricT wrote:I restarted but it is still an issue. I have decided to just keep it open in a workspace, it doesn't fix the issue but its better than force quitting and re-opening all the time.
When BeerTools Pro quits it writes a couple files to save application preferences. You can try removing these files from the preferences folder before launching BeerTools Pro to see if that helps. The preferences folder can be found in /Users/<you>/Library/Preferences/BeerTools Pro

I would pull out "Prefs.xml" and "RecentItems". Let me know if this helps at all.

Thanks
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
slothrob

permissions

Post by slothrob »

Is this a problem that "repair permissions" could potentially help?
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: permissions

Post by jeff »

slothrob wrote:Is this a problem that "repair permissions" could potentially help?
Permissions might be involved in the cause, but "repair permissions" may overlook BTP's preferences files. Guess the only way to know is to try "repair permissions" before removing the preferences files to see if it helps.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
EricT

Post by EricT »

jeff wrote:
EricT wrote:I restarted but it is still an issue. I have decided to just keep it open in a workspace, it doesn't fix the issue but its better than force quitting and re-opening all the time.
When BeerTools Pro quits it writes a couple files to save application preferences. You can try removing these files from the preferences folder before launching BeerTools Pro to see if that helps. The preferences folder can be found in /Users/<you>/Library/Preferences/BeerTools Pro

I would pull out "Prefs.xml" and "RecentItems". Let me know if this helps at all.

Thanks
Just did this an so far so good, it quits properly. Now If I could just get ti to re-open when I select it from the dock.
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

EricT wrote: Just did this an so far so good, it quits properly. Now If I could just get ti to re-open when I select it from the dock.
Your shortcut link might have been broken. You might want to try removing the icon from the dock and replacing the shortcut with a fresh copy.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP