unable to add minerals BTP 1.5.6

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
kcinpdx

unable to add minerals BTP 1.5.6

Post by kcinpdx »

hello - having issues adding minerals to recipes. I could not say if it ever worked, as I just began adjusting water. Help!
slothrob

Salts in recipes

Post by slothrob »

Adding salts is done differently than other ingredients. They are not added directly to the main recipe window, but in a separate Water Chemistry window. The main window is only used for Inventory, as far as salts are concerned.

Open Water Chemistry from the Recipe menu in the menubar. Make any water salt additions within that window. The additions will be saved with the recipe and deducted along with the other recipe additions when the inventory is reconciled.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
kcinpdx

Post by kcinpdx »

thanks for the quick reply, but I still don't get it. When I attempt to edit, it only allows me to adjust ppm, not add salts.
slothrob

add Salts

Post by slothrob »

Perhaps this is what you are trying to do:
You can add salts to the list by using Browse>Mineral Salts from the Water Chemistry window. Be sure you've used the Browse tool to choose your base water, as well. Then, check the box next to your water and the salts you plan on using.

Enter the quantity of water you want to treat in the Totals window (or by highlighting the water in the list and entering the volume in the Quantity window, which you will need to do if you are blending waters.) Highlight the individual salts you want to add and enter the amount you wish to add in the Quantity window until you reach your target concentrations.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP