BTP locks up temporarily

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
MNBugeater

BTP locks up temporarily

Post by MNBugeater »

I have had this happen with more than one recipe file. I wanted to make sure i just didnt have a single corrupt file before submitting a bug.

I am running on a Mac. This has happened with Leopard and now again with Snow Leopard. Multiple BTP versions, including the latest release (1.5.5)

Upon opening said recipe file, BTP 'freezes' during a period of time ranging from 20 seconds to 60 seconds where nothing can be done in the applications. This happens if I change a quantity of an ingredient, or generally make any change to an editable field. The 'freezing' happens repeatedly and makes editing the file nearly impossible. I have had this happen with two separate recipe files. Not all recipe files are affected in this way.

Let me know if I can clear any questions up and perform any tests for you. Thanks.

Warren
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: BTP locks up temporarily

Post by jeff »

MNBugeater wrote:I have had this happen with more than one recipe file. I wanted to make sure i just didnt have a single corrupt file before submitting a bug.

I am running on a Mac. This has happened with Leopard and now again with Snow Leopard. Multiple BTP versions, including the latest release (1.5.5)

Upon opening said recipe file, BTP 'freezes' during a period of time ranging from 20 seconds to 60 seconds where nothing can be done in the applications. This happens if I change a quantity of an ingredient, or generally make any change to an editable field. The 'freezing' happens repeatedly and makes editing the file nearly impossible. I have had this happen with two separate recipe files. Not all recipe files are affected in this way.

Let me know if I can clear any questions up and perform any tests for you. Thanks.

Warren
Maybe I can duplicate the issue if I can try working with your recipe files. Would you be willing to email them to me? If so, they should be zipped first. Thanks for the help.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
MNBugeater

Post by MNBugeater »

Sent you an email, thanks.