BeerTools 1.5.5 Quits During Start Up

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
dalew

BeerTools 1.5.5 Quits During Start Up

Post by dalew »

1.5.3 runs great, but since trying to upgrade to 1.5.5 it crashes every time I try to launch it. I'm running Mac OS X 10.3. Is the new upgrade incompatible with such an old version of the OS?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: BeerTools 1.5.5 Quits During Start Up

Post by jeff »

dalew wrote:1.5.3 runs great, but since trying to upgrade to 1.5.5 it crashes every time I try to launch it. I'm running Mac OS X 10.3. Is the new upgrade incompatible with such an old version of the OS?
The new version should work with OS X as early as 10.2. However, if you still have BTP 1.5.3 you should continue to use it if it is the only version that runs on your system.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
scotthark

Post by scotthark »

dalew wrote:1.5.3 runs great, but since trying to upgrade to 1.5.5 it crashes every time I try to launch it. I'm running Mac OS X 10.3. Is the new upgrade incompatible with such an old version of the OS?
I'm having the same problem, and don't have a backup copy, where can I get one?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

scotthark wrote:I'm having the same problem, and don't have a backup copy, where can I get one?
I placed the previous version in your downloads. Before you install it you should check for journal files in the BeerTools Pro library folder in your Documents folder. You might also consider removing your BeerTools Pro preference files in Library/Preferences/BeerTools Pro to see if you can successfully launch version 1.5.6.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff