Snow Leopard not defaulting BTP files to BeerTools

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
sambhara

Snow Leopard not defaulting BTP files to BeerTools

Post by sambhara »

I have OS X 10.6 running on both of my computers now. For some reason odd reason opening up a recipe will either launch BeerTools or it will launch Apple Script Editor. When I try to set the default application for the file to BeerTools the setting immediately resets. This is a problem on both of my computers… Any work-around?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Snow Leopard not defaulting BTP files to BeerTools

Post by jeff »

sambhara wrote:I have OS X 10.6 running on both of my computers now. For some reason odd reason opening up a recipe will either launch BeerTools or it will launch Apple Script Editor. When I try to set the default application for the file to BeerTools the setting immediately resets. This is a problem on both of my computers… Any work-around?
As more people migrate to Snow Leopard we should see if there is a pattern. What you did to resolve the problem is exactly what I would have tried. Anyone else here experiencing this issue?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Yes this happens. Just updated to Snow Leopard. If you open a file using the finder it opens in the script editor. Files still open fine from within BTP.
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
suds

Post by suds »

Happens here (even hopped on today for a work-around or if its known. Well its known :) )
Mac Head (but despise Apple)
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Fixed in 1.5.12

Post by jeff »

I'm using Snow Leopard too. I used to have the same problem but it was fixed when I installed version 1.5.12 last August. What version are you using?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
suds

Re: Fixed in 1.5.12

Post by suds »

jeff wrote:I'm using Snow Leopard too. I used to have the same problem but it was fixed when I installed version 1.5.12 last August. What version are you using?

Ah, just DL'd the latest. Thanks. I get lazy on updates.
Mac Head (but despise Apple)