Shopping List not showing "In Stock" items

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
dfeather
Light Lager
Light Lager

Shopping List not showing "In Stock" items

Post by dfeather »

I have ingredients listed in "My Ingredients" along with the current quantities I have available. However, when I select the "Shopping List" feature, I do not see any quantities under the "In Stock" column and I am unable to manage my inventory using this feature. Is there somthing that I'm missing?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Shopping List not showing "In Stock" items

Post by jeff »

dfeather wrote:I have ingredients listed in "My Ingredients" along with the current quantities I have available. However, when I select the "Shopping List" feature, I do not see any quantities under the "In Stock" column and I am unable to manage my inventory using this feature. Is there somthing that I'm missing?
The shopping list will only show the ingredients used in the recipes that you are shopping for. Even if the ingredients in your recipes have the same name as the ones in "My Ingredients", this does not mean that they are actually the same. To make sure the ingredients in your recipe are the same as the ones in your inventory select each ingredient in the recipe, right-click and choose "Replace in Recipe" for each corresponding ingredient in "My Ingredients."
dfeather
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by dfeather »

I actually put the ingredients into "My Ingredients" by dragging them from the recipes that I had under "Planned Recipes", so I'm pretty sure that they are the same. However, I went to "My Ingredients" and replaced just one of the ingredients in one of the recipes (as suggested) and magically all of the amount showed up for each ingredient in every planned recipe. Do the ingredients always have to be dragged from "My Ingredients" first in order for this feature to work properly? I'm asking because I usually plan my recipes based on what I can actually order and then place the ingredients in "My Ingredients" after they actually arrive or I have them in possession. I don't find it very convenient to plan my recipes in "My Ingredients" and then drag them into my Recipes afterword. I suppose a workaround would be to drag every ingredient in the master database into "My Ingredients" and work from that, but I suppose that defeats the purpose of having a separate database.
dfeather
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by dfeather »

After reading my reply to your response, I realize that it may have come across sarcastically, which I did not intend. Thank you for your prompt reply in this issue.