More keyboard shortcuts

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.
doctorjames
Light Lager
Light Lager

More keyboard shortcuts

Post by doctorjames »

There are various areas of the application where usability would benefit from keyboard shortcuts and navigation, for example:
  • When pressing the DEL key on the currently selected item in the ingredients list you are forced to confirm with the mouse on OS X rather than escape/enter or tabbing and hitting space.
  • It would be extremely useful to activate the search box with a hot key and for it to select whichever is the most sensible section in the sidebar. E.g. when looking at the ingredients list, select "My Ingredients"; when looking at the equipment list, select "My Equipment". Pressing down in the search box should then jump to the top of the list of results and hitting enter on a result should add it to the recipe.
  • Selecting an entry in the Ingredients list with cursor keys and beginning to type a number ought to automatically edit the quantity.
doctorjames
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: More keyboard shortcuts

Post by doctorjames »

More requests for a shortcut for searching the database here: https://www.beertools.com/forum/viewtop ... ard#p26284
shaunyasaki

Re: More keyboard shortcuts

Post by shaunyasaki »

I would agree with these.

Especially having a search automatically begin when typing while you are in the ingredient tabs. I start to do this intuitively.