Brewday / Hop Timers

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.

Brewday / Hop Timers

Postby bpylant » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:32 pm

Currently I use Howler Pro (http://howler.foxnsox.com/) to set up cascading timers for all of my hop additions; when the first timer goes off it triggers the second, when the second goes off it triggers the third, etc. It works just fine, but I have to manually set up the multiple timers for every brewday.

It would be great to have a global Brewday Timer built into BTP that would automatically get the time(s) from the recipe; anything that appears as a Boil (Kettle) step would be included. Start the timer at the beginning of the boil and BTP would alert you to each addition until :00 (with an option to pause the countdown in case you get interrupted, etc.).

There could also be a supplemental manual timer(s) for things like the whirlpool hop stands, etc. and maybe a :10 alarm for chillers, yeast nutrient, Whirlfloc, etc.

You could even pull time data from the mash schedule and include that in the Brewday Timer, although that is obviously less critical than hop additions.

I'm still on v1.5, but I didn't see this on the feature list for 2.0.

Thanks for listening!
BTP 2.0.8

Computer Info:
Mac OS X 10.8.4
2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB RAM
bpylant
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Brewday / Hop Timers

Postby whitemancanhop » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:18 pm

agreed. some timer functions would complete the package.
whitemancanhop
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Brewday / Hop Timers

Postby bpylant » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:27 pm

IMO it's one of the very few things BTP doesn't do (and should) -- BTP is such an all-inclusive brewing solution across the board, it makes everything about recipe formulation, inventory tracking and brewday consistency (OG, volumes, etc.) so easy.
BTP 2.0.8

Computer Info:
Mac OS X 10.8.4
2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB RAM
bpylant
Light Lager
Light Lager

Return to BeerTools Pro Feature Requests