Post recipe to web/import recipe from web/or other program

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.
nicadrick
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post recipe to web/import recipe from web/or other program

Post by nicadrick »

Some time ago I requested this function and was surprised to hear that it was not on the product planning radar. It seems so obvious. Will this function be add soon? I love being able to export recipe text in various forms however, I would really like to be able to easily exchange recipes with other that use different brewing software.

Please advise.

Thanks!
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

you can already import pro-mash and beerxml recipes
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
nicadrick
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by nicadrick »

I see BeerXML, but nothing else.
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

jawbox wrote:you can already import pro-mash and beerxml recipes
This is true.
nicadrick wrote:I see BeerXML, but nothing else.
Perhaps the confusion is that Promash recipes don't need to be "imported". They can simply be opened directly from BTP.

In addition, recipes can be imported from the web if they are posted to the BeerTools recipe exchange.

BTP has pretty powerful functions for posting recipes to the web. If you select menubar>File>Export>Text..., you can choose to Copy the BBCode or Text for posting to forums or the HTML code for posting to a website. The text can also be edited within the Text Output window. Recipes can also be exported as BeerXML for exchanging recipes with brewers who don't use BTP.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP