inputing figures for Mineral Salts

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.
firemanfurey

inputing figures for Mineral Salts

Post by firemanfurey »

I cant figure out a way to input new mineral salts in the water chemistry window.
I have clicked on new, and then a window comes up where I can name it, pick the type, and give it a price.
I am hoping for something not so one-Dimensional. Something that I can input all of the individual ion values for a given amount. IE:
I just bought some burton salts from morebeer which have given values of gypsum, sodium, etc. I would like to be able to add that Set to acheive my desired mineral profile.
If Im missing something or someone knows a work-around, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: inputing figures for Mineral Salts

Post by TCBrewguy »

firemanfurey wrote:I cant figure out a way to input new mineral salts in the water chemistry window.
I have clicked on new, and then a window comes up where I can name it, pick the type, and give it a price.
I am hoping for something not so one-Dimensional. Something that I can input all of the individual ion values for a given amount. IE:
I just bought some burton salts from morebeer which have given values of gypsum, sodium, etc. I would like to be able to add that Set to acheive my desired mineral profile.
If Im missing something or someone knows a work-around, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
+1 I would like to be able to add Calcium Hydroxide to the mineral salts database. But because I can't edit the ion values for a new mineral salt, this can't be done.
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12