beerxml export question

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
mmmooretx
Light Lager
Light Lager

beerxml export question

Post by mmmooretx »

Just curious if this now works well. I did a search on beerxml and saw nothing that confirms issues are fixed. My intended use is a recipe export to beerxml so I can import the recipe to my BeerTroller system I am building.
Thanks, this has been my beer software of choice for quite a while and I tried most of them.
Mike
Mike Moore
N5RWH
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: beerxml export question

Post by jeff »

As far as I know the files exported to BeerXML follow the published specs for the format. What are the issues that you are experiencing? There may be some new requirements that are not publicly available. If I know what the problems are I can try to get them resolved.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
mmmooretx
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by mmmooretx »

Jeff,
Thanks for the time and support. I could not find the same thread at the site but the error reported was related to the conversion of the hops weight. I have attached two links below. The first is on my thread query at the BrewTroller site and the second is the only thread I could find. I will try again tonight, sorry I have to run to a meeting with a customer, all day meeting.

https://www.oscsys.com/forums/projects/ ... er/1002264

https://www.oscsys.com/forums/projects/ ... er/1001179
Mike Moore
N5RWH
mmmooretx
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by mmmooretx »

Jeff,
I tried several searches last night and could not re-find the thread, sorry. In a couple of weeks I should have the control system wired up so I can do a test myself. I need to wire a 50 amp. 240 VAC circuit to my garage to power the whole unit, but my full system build out with new pots will not be complete until March/April (tax return money needed). If I find any problems I will attach any screen prints etc. that find. If I remember correctly the post I found was from 2011 or 2012. I am putting two recipes together for the test now, IPA & Kolsh.
Thank you again for your time and support. It was not my intention to start a "witch hunt", sorry.
Mike
Mike Moore
N5RWH
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

No problem, please let me know if there are any errors reading the BeerXML export files from BTP. Hope all goes well with your system!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
mmmooretx
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by mmmooretx »

Jeff,
Thanks I hope to start wiring this weekend and that will be one of my first tests. I may even try setting up my configuration files since I have most of the interfacing hardware, less valves already. No test runs , but maybe interface/update checks with the live Web interface check, recipe upload check.
Thanks again
Mike
Mike Moore
N5RWH