How do you add custom ingredients?

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
turkeyjerky214
Light Lager
Light Lager

How do you add custom ingredients?

Post by turkeyjerky214 »

I've been searching for hours and can't seem to figure out how to add a grain that isn't already in the system.

Can someone from the BTP team let me know how to do this? I just switched over from Beer Alchemy and I love everything about this program so far, but I use Carastan in a few of my recipes, and it's a pretty big PITA that I can't enter it in.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: How do you add custom ingredients?

Post by jeff »

turkeyjerky214 wrote:I've been searching for hours and can't seem to figure out how to add a grain that isn't already in the system.

Can someone from the BTP team let me know how to do this? I just switched over from Beer Alchemy and I love everything about this program so far, but I use Carastan in a few of my recipes, and it's a pretty big PITA that I can't enter it in.
Sorry to hear you have had trouble adding custom ingredients. Carastan will be included in the next update which I plan on having online within the next 48 hours.

In the meantime, you can add custom ingredients by opening the "My Ingredients" folder on the left and clicking on the category of the ingredient you want to add. Click the + button above to add an item. The appropriate ingredient editor will open where you can insert the ingredient data. Click OK when you are done.

Another way to add custom ingredients is to find an ingredient in the "Ingredient DB" folder that is similar to the one you want to add and drag it to "My Ingredients". This copies the ingredient settings of the original ingredient. Double-click the new copy to edit its settings and click OK to save. Then you can use the new ingredient in your recipes by dragging it in.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
turkeyjerky214
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by turkeyjerky214 »

Awesome. Thanks so much for the quick response!
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Carastan Included with 1.5.16

Post by jeff »

A new update has been posted which contains 63 new ingredients including Bairds Carastan.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
TimmyR
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Carastan Included with 1.5.16

Post by TimmyR »

jeff wrote:A new update has been posted which contains 63 new ingredients including Bairds Carastan.
Nice work on the database.
Cheers,

Timmy
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Carastan Included with 1.5.16

Post by jeff »

TimmyR wrote:Nice work on the database.
Thanks, Timmy.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff