New User - Questions

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
pearlbeer

New User - Questions

Post by pearlbeer »

Using BTP on a Mac and a few questions:

1) Is there a way to lock the columns? I need to expand the 'description' section when selecting ingredients from the database
2) The total water calculations on the main screen dont seem to be adding up. I seem to be told to add more water (about .25gal)
slothrob

questions

Post by slothrob »

I'm also using BTP on a Mac.

1) I never tried this before, but I like the expanded description column. However, once I adjust the column locations they seem to stay in place when I close and reopen the window, change recipes, and quit and restart the program.
When do you lose the column formatting?

2) The volumes won't add up because they are taken at different temperatures and the volume changes with temperature.

If you don't want to add water at the end, set the Water Volume Added to 0, not 0.25, set the Final Volume at 68F to your desired volume post chilling, and BTP should tell you the Kettle Volume at 212F you need to hit that Final Volume with your entered Evaporation.

The Mash Schedule window will further correct these volumes for mash and sparge temperatures to let you know how much runnoff (and infusion) you need to hit your Kettle Volume.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP