My Ingredients - Inventory will not subtract

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
BrewBlender

My Ingredients - Inventory will not subtract

Post by BrewBlender »

I'm not sure if this is a feature, but I have all my inventory listed in my ingredients...I assumed that when I would pull some of those ingredients into a recipe, it would subtract it from my inventory. Is this a feature or am I supposed to manually subtract it after I add something to a recipe.

(eg: I have 2oz of Cascade hops in 'My Ingredients". I pull 1 oz into a recipe. Is the amount in 'My Ingredients' supposed to now say 1 oz left or do I manually have to make it say 1oz.

Thanks!
Josh
Potland, OR
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

You have to manually deduct used ingredients. You do this using the Shopping List. To open the shopping list go to the top line menu and click on Window. You should see a drop down list where you can select the Shopping List. How to use it is explained in Help Topics (Tracking Inventory) from the Help menu. Hope this helps you. If it doesn't come back and I, or someone else, will be happy to explain further.
BTP 2.0.22 (Linux (.deb) 64 bit)
BTP 2.0.24 (Windows 10-20H2)
BTP 2.1.0.9 Beta (Windows 10-20H2)
slothrob

inventory deduction

Post by slothrob »

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see that CaloradoBrewer already answered this.

The Inventory deductions are not made when you design the recipe, but when you tell BTP that the recipe has been Assembled. To do this, a recipe is dragged into the Planned Recipes list, marked as Assembled in the Menubar>Window>Shopping List pop-up window, then Deducted from the Shopping List.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

No need for apologies. I think I actually like your answer better than mine. It sums things up nicely in a succinct description of the process.
BTP 2.0.22 (Linux (.deb) 64 bit)
BTP 2.0.24 (Windows 10-20H2)
BTP 2.1.0.9 Beta (Windows 10-20H2)
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

Cheers!
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP