Using Beertools Schedule feature

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
chrishoward

Using Beertools Schedule feature

Post by chrishoward »

I am wondering if it is possible to add additional steps to the 'schedule' for brew day.

For example, I like to keep track of everything I do on brew day, including day before prep, sanitization, when to wash the mash tun, when to get the sparge water flame on, when to get the chiller set up, etc.

These items don't really fit in to the brew schedule as it relates to to the drop down menu, but can I still add them in to my brew day?

Thanks for all the input and the great forum.

Chris
slothrob

additional steps to schedule

Post by slothrob »

You can add additional "Rest" steps before the Mash In or after the Sparge, without affecting the mash schedule. You could name these whatever you want, like Prepare Tun, Fill HLT, Heat Mash Water, Start Boil, Add Irish Moss, or Sanitize Fermentor, then assign it a specific length of time before you perform the next step. The total elapsed time will then be displayed.

I don't know if there is an upper limit to the total number of steps you can add, but it's more than 20. You just won't be able to list something like Heat Sparge Water, if that starts in the middle of the mash, as mine does, unless you give it a Duration/Elapsed Time of 0, without affecting the mash time. But, in your scchedule, you could list:
Heat Mash Water / Duration 0 min / Elapsed Time 0 min (time to heat water included in Mash In time)
Mash In / Duration 10 min / Elapsed Time 51 minutes
Heat sparge Water / Duration 0 min / Elapsed Time 51 minutes
Mash Rest / Duration 60 min / Elapsed Time 110 minutes
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
chrishoward

Post by chrishoward »

Thanks slothrob...that is exactly what I was looking for. I am not trying to micro manage every minute of my brew day, but I have been known to forget things like Irish moss or starting my sparge heat in time. I have been toying around with the idea of making a checklist separate from Beertools, but it is nice to have it all in one place.

Thanks.